Tuesday, October 11, 2016

All This Time

Like it is for everyone, my life has been full of joys and pains, mountains and valleys, dreams come true and dreams that die. I have dealt with agonies in my heart that were more painful than I knew what to do with. Likewise, I have experienced inexplicable joy, greater than this flesh and bone has the capacity to contain!! Through it all, I have found one constant, faithful, unwavering, sovereign, underlying theme.....God. I could tell you that this underlying theme is "trusting God," "dependence on God," "surrender to God," "loving God," but no. Every new thing that I learn about God , constantly, without fail, points me back, just to Him. To His character. To who He is.



I have a life goal...to know God and to make Him known. This blog is just one more area through which I can spread the knowledge of My Love, My God and My Savior to the world! "I want you to know The God I Know!"



I, personally, LOVE music!! When I was younger, music was not such a big deal to me, but that has changed :) So...expect to hear a lot about it from me ;) There have been so, so many songs that God has used to impact me, to touch my heart, to challenge my existence, and overall strengthen my relationship with Him!



So....I was trying to decide what song to write about first, but it was hard to chose. I was praying about my blog yesterday, and the radio was on in the background. All of a sudden, this song came on, called "All This Time." I got SO excited, and at  first I wanted to make it the name of my blog! I opted out of that, but decided to make my first post about this song. Why? Because it is my testimony. I didn't write the song, but when I listen to the words, I can sing along with all my heart, relating to it so very well!



As I get to know God more and more, He constantly teaches me new things, not only about Himself, but also about me. It is crazy and overwhelming when I start realizing how little I know about my own self in comparison to how much GOD knows about me!! He did make me after all ;) When God brought this song into my life, it was evidence to me, that although it has taken years and years and years for me to really start getting to know God, He has always been this close, this real, this amazing, this loving, this faithful and this powerful. He has been walking with me "All This Time."

here is a link to the song "All This Time" by Britt Nicole https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmTGLdSW5Sw

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So excited to see this and how God's going to use it in you! :D

    ReplyDelete